Step 1 - Get Technology Set-Up and Join us Online
Please download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app on your chosen device from your App Store or Android play store. Zoom is available for phones, tablets, and computers. For this purpose, the larger the screen the better. In order to keep the connection accessible, each weekly class will use the same Zoom meeting number and link from week to week. Use the links below to access your class. We will also post the links on our webpage.
Dragons - Monday/Wednesday 4:30pm
Youth Beginner - Monday/Wednesday 5:15pm
Intermediate/Advanced/All Adults - Monday/Wednesday 6:15pm
Weapons - Thursday 5:15pm
Black Belts - Thursday 6:15pm
In addition, Sensei Stein will be available on Tuesdays and Fridays for virtual private lessons for individuals or small groups on a donation basis. Please email Mr. Stein directly to make arrangements.
Step 2 – Get prepared – Best Practices for Online Classes:
1. Add class to your calendar - Set an alarm 15-10 mins before class to allow time to get set up. We suggest that you come 5 minutes early to class to get settled, just like an in-person karate class.
2. Others in your household are welcome to join, or ask for a quiet space if you are the only one attending the online class.
3. Find a clear spot to set yourself up. An area about 10x10 feet should be sufficient.
4. For Dragons and youth beginner students, a parent, caretaker or older sibling should be available to assist the student and supervise.
5. Mute & Video Sharing - You can mute yourself and “stop your video” from the bottom left corner of your own video square so that others can’t see you while you are doing the practice. We will ask everyone to stay muted during practice so we don’t hear talking, phones ringing, dogs barking, or other background noises.
6. We will periodically unmute and allow time for questions. Click on Gallery View in top right corner to see all the faces.
7. Bring water and stay hydrated.